Thursday, April 15, 2010

Frog Season

Warmer spring weather means the frogs are spawning (and the mosquitoes are still in the larval stage).

It is a great time to spend an evening visiting riversides and wetlands and be serenaded by spring peepers and wood frogs.

Here are some frog-related resources:
WWF Wild Finder
Frog Spotter Game
All About Frogs: Lessons and Activities
Wikipedia: Spring Peeper
Frogland: Childrens Frog-Related Crafts and Activities
National Geographic: Poison Arrow Frog Mystery

3 comments:

  1. Nice blog you have here! Just popped over from your dad's blog.
    I love little frogs; always have. As a kid, we collected hundreds of them. Luckily, my mother made us put them all back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm sure there are frogs in the world that would thank you if they could too :) The toads in our yard just began to sing last night as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great pic! Since I was the only girl, I always considered frogs my brother's department (putting them in people's beds that is!)

    ReplyDelete